Reed’s Remedies Mixology: CBD Tonic Recipes
There’s something about a refreshing cocktail that just spells relaxation, self-reward, and celebration. However, many of us are looking for a healthy alternative and moving away from alcohol use. For a drink that’s equally as refreshing as a cocktail but has wellness boosting properties, try mixing up a “mocktail” with a dash of Reed’s Remedies.
CBD makes a great substitute for alcohol because both have the ability to help us unwind, ease our stress, and lighten our mood. That being said, CBD does not carry any of the negative side effects associated with your favorite spirit.
In fact, CBD has a host of health and wellness properties that can provide targeted results, like boosting your immune system or increasing focus. Give your mixology repertoire a serious upgrade with these easy DIY recipes using fresh seasonal ingredients and our favorite ingredient: Reed’s Remedies Oil.
Spicy Orange “Margarita”
In this take on a spicy margarita, the spice doesn’t come from heat, but rather from immune-boosting ginger and turmeric. Add in vitamin C packed fresh orange juice and Reed’s Remedies Detox Oil and you can say goodbye to the coughs and sniffles.
Ingredients: (Makes 1 drink)
- 1 orange
- 2-3 thin slices of ginger
- Handful of spinach, washed
- 1/2 of a lime
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ½ tablespoon honey
- 2 sprays Reed’s Remedies Detox Oil
- Juice the orange, either by hand or with a juicer.
- Add spinach leaves, ginger, turmeric, and honey to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Strain it into a glass after you blend all of the ingredients together.
- Add the orange juice and squeeze in half a lime. Mix well, spray with Detox Oil, and enjoy!
Nothing complements a lazy day by the pool more than a refreshingly minty mojito. Make this non-alcoholic version with fresh lime juice and focus-enhancing mint leaves for a drink that will energize your mind and body. To make this mojito mocktail even more alluring, spray your cocktail with Reed’s Remedies Focus Oil.
Ingredients: (Makes 1 drink)
- 10 large mint leaves (or 15 small)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey simple syrup**
- Sparkling water
- 2 sprays Reed’s Remedies Focus Oil
- Lime wedges for garnish
**Notes: Make your honey simple syrup beforehand and keep in the fridge for up to 4 weeks. To make, simply place 1 cup of water and ½ cup of honey (2:1 ratio) in a saucepan and boil until the honey is dissolved. Allow to cool before using and you’re good to go.
- Place mint leaves and lime juice in a glass and muddle them together for 1 minute.
- Add the honey simple syrup.
- Add the sparkling water and spray with Focus Oil.
- Serve over ice and garnish with lime slices and a sprig of mint. And there you have it!
Blueberry Lavender Fizz
After a long day, a relaxing drink can ease you into a relaxing evening or make the perfect end to your day. In this fizzy and fruity mocktail, stress-relieving lavender pairs with vitamin-packed blueberries for a surprisingly calming beverage. Add Reed’s Remedies Calm Oil and you’ve officially created your new favorite nightcap.
Ingredients for Blueberry Lavender Syrup**:
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- juice of 1 lemon
- 4–6 1-2 inch sprigs of lavender
**this syrup can be kept in the refrigerator for about 7 days
Ingredients for Drink: (Makes 1 drink)
- 1/4 cup blueberry lavender syrup
- 1 lime wedge
- Sparkling water
- 2 sprays Reed’s Remedies Calm Oil
- Garnish with lime wheels or blueberries if desired
- Combine the blueberries, water, and sugar in a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Crush the berries with a potato masher or fork, then add the lemon juice and lavender to the pot. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat then reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally until the liquid has reduced and the mixture has thickened.
- Place a fine-mesh strainer over a large bowl and pour the blueberry mixture into the strainer. Gently press on the solids with a spatula to extract all of the syrup then discard the solids. Allow the syrup to cool then store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- To make the drink, fill a tall glass with ice.
- Add 1/4 cup of the blueberry lavender syrup, squeeze in the lime wedge, and fill to the top of the glass with sparkling water. Spray with Calm Oil and garnish with lime wheels or blueberries if desired.
The All You Need is Love Mocktail
To set the mood for your date night, whip up this herbaceous and tart mocktail. This recipe does call for a damiana tincture which may sound odd but it is actually fairly easy to find online and in health stores. Damiana is an ancient aphrodisiac with a pleasant taste so it’s worth tracking down! To take this drink to the next level of pleasure, add 2 sprays of Reed’s Remedies Desire Oil.
Ingredients: (Makes 2 drinks for optimal sharing)
- 8 ounces Hibiscus Ginger Kombucha (or sub hibiscus tea with a splash of sparkling water)
- 1 dropper damiana tincture
- Juice of 1/4 lemon
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 sprays Reed’s Remedies Desire Oil
- Simply mix all ingredients together and serve over ice. Complete the drink with Desire Oil and feel the love.